September 21, 2024

Volume XXXVI, Issue I

Editor's Note

Dear FM, This issue is late. It is worth the wait. I know that’s a cliche. But it’s true; this is no bait. Yes, there is no scrut. But we have an endpaper and a scoop. And, most excitingly, three levities to boot. Writing about a new law school class, CJK takes the time to ask: What does it mean for a plant to be a person? Could this prevent environmental destruction? Next, with the year in full swing once again, we turn to Josh, our dear old friend. He needs to print! Did it work? It didn’t. But never fear, Josh, KJK, EMK, CL, AEP, NHS, and JKW will give you a hint. In a Justice Venn diagram, AEP compares an iconic tween brand to a course in high demand. Donning her Grouchy Funeral Beat alter ego, CES recounts the Cabot fish funeral. It’s funny, slightly harrowing, and just what you need, if you’re craving a really good levity. Finally, pulling this issue to a tender close, AJP reflects on love through her touching prose. With that out the way, it is time for some thanks. XCZ, JND, OWZ, SET, LJPE, without your graphics, this issue would be catastrophic! LLL, BHP, JGG, AYL, the photos you get at a moment’s notice never fail to keep afloat us. MJH, EJS, and CY, with all your advice on this chaotic issue, we owe you one, for sticking it through. All FM execs, especially YAK and JL, the lifeblood of the magazine, you work is appreciated, evergreen. Last but not least, my intrepid co-chair HD, thank you for weathering this issue with me. FMLove, KT + HD