The Houses as Halloween Candies

By Sophia Salamanca

As Spooky Season descends upon us and all Harvard students decide they will actually socialize on one spirited October weekend (or two!), we must not forget the best part: candy! Stick around to discover which sweet treat perfectly encapsulates your House.

Adams: Twix

They’re on the Gold Coast, so they have to give out golden-wrapped candy!

Cabot: Toothbrushes

It’s the House that you only go to because it happens to be in the neighborhood with the good candy (or in the Harvard bubble, good dhall). A practical and useful gift, but your parents would be happier than you about it.

Currier: King-Sized Chocolate Bars

It’s the house that’s far away, but it always has solid candy. It’s on everyone’s trick-or-treat maps for the night, and there might even be a line going down the block. Currier has great facilities and food, so the trek tends to be worth it.

Dunster: Hershey’s Kisses

Desirable, but not a candy that will leave you star-struck. Dunster embodies this with its beautiful dining hall and its prominent number of doubles.

Eliot: Dollars

Do I really need to say more?

Kirkland: Sour Patch Kids

Remember watching those chaotic Sour Patch Kids advertisements as a kid? They give the exact same energy as the Choosening does.

Leverett: Cadbury Mini Eggs

I associate this candy with bunnies, and Leverett always has the cutest Housing Day bunny spirit! (Don’t say this isn’t a Halloween candy, they literally do a Halloween version. They’re called Mini Harvest Handfuls.)

Lowell: Lindt Truffles

These truffles are bougie but not crazy expensive, so they are the perfect balance between luxurious and accessible. I feel like they could be served at the iconic Lowell Tea.

Mather: Starbursts

Starbursts are tasty but chaotic because they get stuck in your teeth while you’re eating them. This dichotomy reminds me of Mather’s sketchy elevators but spacious tower rooms.

Pforzheimer: Jumbo Gummy Bears

Pfoho would embrace its inner bear, but they would put a chaotic spin on it (in a good way).

Quincy: Jolly Ranchers

A fan favorite, definitely a sweet the People’s House would give out. Everyone would swing by during the night and grab a handful of Jolly Ranchers!

Winthrop: M&Ms

A plain, nice candy for a House with nice rooms and little to no personality. A solid pick, but maybe not the candy everyone always brags about.

If our Houses were to transform into these candies for Halloween, the festive spirit would surely sweep across campus, making the spooky season even more bewitching for everyone. Here’s to hoping for some real candy distribution next year — Happy Halloween, Harvard!

Flyby BlogFlyby FrontAround Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.