In Photos: Harvard Topples Princeton, Ending 8-Year Drought

By Nicholas T. Jacobsson, Kayla H. Le, and Chase W. McCann
By Nicholas T. Jacobsson

Following years of soul-crushing defeats, Harvard football left nothing to chance on Saturday, obliterating Princeton for the first time since 2016. With three unanswered touchdowns in the fourth quarter, the Crimson demolished the Tigers 45-13 to an enthusiastic home crowd.

By Kayla H. Le and Chase W. McCann

Sophomore tight end Seamus Gilmartin dodges a Princeton defender.

Junior quarterback Jaden Craig scans for an open receiver. Against Princeton he threw for 345 yards and four touchdowns with a career-high 26 completions.

Senior wide receiver Kaedyn Odermann plants his foot in the endzone to put Harvard on the scoreboard with its first touchdown of the game.

Jack-of-all-trades senior Charles DePrima breaks away from Princeton defenders, rushing for 56 yards and a touchdown. DePrima transitioned between quarterback and wide receiver at several points throughout the game.

Senior wide receiver Scott Woods navigates his way through the Princeton defence as head coach Andrew Aurich looks on. A Princeton alum himself, Aurich also served for several years on the Tigers’ coaching staff before coming to Harvard.

The Harvard band and cheerleading squad performed to a crowd of more than 12,000 fans — the largest of any game this season.

Despite 12 mile-per-hour winds, freshman kicker Kieran Corr saw his best game of the season with six successful conversions and a 34-yard field goal in the second quarter.

With three minutes remaining in the game, DePrima led a 72-yard rushing drive to score Harvard its final touchdown. Corr converted the extra point to seal the score at 45-13.

FootballPhoto EssayFront Photo Feature