In Photos: The 30th Annual Boston Fashion Week

By Kacy Bao and A. Skye Schmiegelow
By Kacy Bao

The 30th annual Boston Fashion Week ran from Oct. 13-19 this year. Since its founding in 1995, the series of more than 20 events has grown into a platform for both industry professionals and new designers on the scene — an opportunity to increase the visibility of global Boston artists and designers. Crimson photographers head behind the scenes of the Fierce Styles Menswear Show and Boston En Vogue’s Classical Luxury Show to capture the runways’ ever-evolving individuality and creative spirit.

By Kacy Bao

Backstage, a makeup artist applies finishing touches to model Leah Olivo in preparation for Boston En Vogue’s Classical Luxury Runway Show. The show took place at Emmanuel Church in Boston last Tuesday evening.

A hair stylist finishes model Michael McCarthy’s look before the catwalk opens. Behind them, other models make last-minute alterations to their clothing and practice their walks ahead of the show’s start.

Conrad Lamour and his team of photographers and videographers document the behind-the-scenes work as models complete their final walkthroughs.

Model Sophia Ado walks down the runway at the Fierce Styles Menswear Fashion Show. The show took place at The Westend Museum last Sunday evening and highlighted the ingenuity of contemporary menswear designers.

Left and center, two pieces designed by TyScottLab and right, a piece designed by Prophet | Envoy, are featured in the show. TyScottLab’s designs take inspiration from Scott’s Native American roots, incorporating their heritage into streetwear clothing. Prophet | Envoy is driven by a community mindset, creating urban-style clothing that uplifts their wearers.

The show also featured designers ChanceByChances, Vizoe Lifestyles, and Fashion Trend Class.

The founder of Fiercestyles, Cheryl Regi James, closes the Menswear Show, giving special thanks to the production team, models, and designers that came together to realize her vision.

As part of En Vogue’s Classical Luxury Show on Sunday, designer Conrad Lamour’s collection opens with McCarthy in a Trojan-inspired costume, featuring a bold red outfit paired with a helmet and shield.

En Vogue’s models strike poses at the front of the catwalk, wearing gold suit sets, shining red gowns, and shimmering dual-tone dresses.

The show also featured a captivating Raqs Sharqui, or classical Egytpian belly dance, performance by Iria, featuring a colorful veil, finger cymbals, and a balancing scimitar act. The production embodied the cutting-edge artistic vision of Boston Fashion Week.

Photo EssayFront Photo Feature