Harvard Lampoon Claims The Crimson Endorsed Trump at Pennsylvania Rally

Mass. DCR to Begin $1.5 Million Safety Upgrades to Memorial Drive Monday

Sports

Harvard Football Topples No. 16/21 UNH in Bounce-Back Win

Sports

After Tough Loss at Brown, Harvard Football Looks to Keep Ivy Title Hopes Alive

Harvard’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Increased by 2.3 Percentage Points in 2023

Settlement Delayed in Law Student's $1000 Travel Suit

By Michael J. Halberstam

Postponement yesterday of a $1,000 suit by a Law School student against the University Travel Company for spoiling this honeymoon delayed possible settlement for two or three weeks of a case that has been in East Cambridge District Court since October.

Lawrence I. Weisman 3L, charges in a suit filed in early October that because the company id not provide return tickets from a European tour that it had promised, he and his wife had to return to the United States in separate holds of a student excursion ship instead of the luxury liner De Grasse.

Furthermore Weisman asserted that because the company put them aboard this ship with only one day's notice, he and his wife were forced to cancel numerous European theatre and hotel reservations.

Ridiculous, Company Says

Edward J. Bloomberg, president of University Travel, yesterday called the suit ridiculous, adding that Weisman was a "little wise kid.' He said the company, which has its main office at 18 Brattle Street, "has been in business 25 years and has a national reputation."

Weisman a version of the dispute is that he bought a return ticket from France on the condition that it be a second-class passage; he says that he went abroad on this promise and that University's Paris agent confirmed his second-class return ticket.

However, when he came back to Paris after turning Europe with his wife, he was told the tickets were not available, and was thus obliged by the company to travel in the student boat.

Bloomberg contends that in June before they left, the Weismans merely placed an application with a deposit; that they were then told that second-class tickets were not available; that they went abroad knowing that fact, and that the company agent in Europe obtained first-class tickets for them which they first refused, then accepted, and finally sold for tickets on the freighter.