Harvard Lampoon Claims The Crimson Endorsed Trump at Pennsylvania Rally

Mass. DCR to Begin $1.5 Million Safety Upgrades to Memorial Drive Monday

Sports

Harvard Football Topples No. 16/21 UNH in Bounce-Back Win

Sports

After Tough Loss at Brown, Harvard Football Looks to Keep Ivy Title Hopes Alive

Harvard’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Increased by 2.3 Percentage Points in 2023

STADIUM ITEMS

The sturdy back of Jim, Army mule rented for the occasion, provided a common meeting ground for Crimson and West Point delegates. Twice Jim made a circuit of the field with a Harvard cheer leader on his passenger list, apparently unconcerned that the enemy had boarded him. Perhaps the Navy goat will have more college spirit.

In spite of his phlegmatic disposition, Jim participated in one of the most dramatic achievements of the afternoon when his rider caught Army's place kick after the first touchdown.

Most heroic deed of the afternoon was performed by a gallant gentleman (from the Harvard stands) who dashed across the muddy field in pursuit of a lady's umbrella. With fearlessness that called for cheers from the entire audience, he saved it from the threatening advances of Jim (Jim's only display of emotion all afternoon.) But his hardest test was yet to come. Apparently unversed in the art of dousing a spinnaker, this hero attempted to close the object while still facing full into the gale. Result: one umbrella, inside out. Undaunted, he wheeled around, let the wind restore it to its original shape, closed it and returned triumphantly to his escortee.

The West Point Cadets stood up for a great deal of the game. Many spectators wondered whether this was due to the double row of buttons on the rear of their uniforms.