Harvard Lampoon Claims The Crimson Endorsed Trump at Pennsylvania Rally

Mass. DCR to Begin $1.5 Million Safety Upgrades to Memorial Drive Monday

Sports

Harvard Football Topples No. 16/21 UNH in Bounce-Back Win

Sports

After Tough Loss at Brown, Harvard Football Looks to Keep Ivy Title Hopes Alive

Harvard’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Increased by 2.3 Percentage Points in 2023

ETCHINGS AND LITHOGRAPHS EXHIBITED AT FOGG MUSEUM

Works of Degas, Forain and Pissarro Illustrated by 39 Prints--Present Exhibition to Last Until June 9

The exhibition of etchings and lithographs by Degas, Forain and Pissarro, which is being shown at the Fogg Art Museum until June 9, is one of unusual interest. This collection is probably the first group of prints by these three men, which has been brought together in this part of the world. Of the thirty-nine prints shown, seventeen are by Forain, executed since 1908.

Forain, like Daumier, has always been interested in the courts of law, and many of the prints in the exhibition are scenes of the courts. There are also prints dealing with religious subjects--scenes from the Bible and scenes in the life of the pilgrims at Lourdes. Belonging to this latter group are "La Miraculee" and "La Communion des Malades", remarkable for their deep and intense feeling. One of the artist's fine compositions that appeared during the war is shown, "La Borne" (Verdun).

By Degas are portraits, studies of nude figures, dancers, and scenes of the "Cafes Concerts". Of the portraits, especially fine in its delicacy of execution and its keen character portrayal is the portrait of the engraver, Tourney. Pissarro is represented by a number of landscapes and landscapes with figures in which he has made use of aquatint to give the effect of sunlight and shadow.

D. B. Lourie was recently chosen President of the Princeton Varsity Club.